Some sections may contain out of date information
We apologize for any inconvenience, we are working on updating the Help Center.
A hashtag — written with a # symbol — is used to index keywords or topics.
Using hashtags to categorize posts by keyword
- People use the hashtag symbol (#) before a relevant phrase or keyword in their post to categorize those posts and make them more discoverable.
- Any hashtags will be linked to a hashtag page with other posts containing the same hashtag.
- Hashtags can be used anywhere in a post.
- You can add up to 30 hashtags to your post or comment.
- You can add hashtags to post captions, if the post is public the hashtag will be discoverable.
- You can follow hashtags on Pixelfed to stay connected with interests you care about.
You can follow hashtags on Pixelfed to stay connected with interests you care about.
To follow a hashtag:
- Tap any hashtag (example: #art) you see on Pixelfed.
- Tap Follow. Once you follow a hashtag, you'll see its photos and videos appear in feed.
To unfollow a hashtag, tap the hashtag and then tap Unfollow to confirm.
You can follow up to 20 hashtags per hour or 100 per day.